The following is a summary of the technologies which the Event Hosts team supports mostly on an all or nothing basis (see Note at the end for details).
¶ A Conference Website and Domain name
The several conference website home pages are listed on the home page for this wiki.
The Event Hosts website includes the following kinds of pages:
- User account registration and profile management
- Registration including credit card processing by a third party bank selected by Event Hosts
- User managed bookmarks for bookmarking events
- “Call For” pages (Call for Papers, Call for Workshops, Call for Socials, etc.)
- A virtual schedule of events
- “Event Web Pages” for the following specific Event types; at scale (dozens to thousands of events)
- Invited Talks
- Oral and Spotlight Presentations
- Posters (Papers)
- Poster Sessions
- Affinity Group Socials/Workshops/Poster Sessions
- Competition Sessions
- Dataset and Benchmark Sessions
- Workshops and associated sub-events within a workshop
- Sponsor Halls
- Overall Sponsor list including levels
- Individual Sponsor Pages
- Other Conference Web Pages
- Conference landing page
- Conference Organizer identification pages
- Virtual conference schedule
- Papers exploration page including search, paper thumbnails, and a visualizer of similar papers
- Papers Search Page
- Virtual Conference Getting Started Page
- Web pages for organizing and planning Workshops/Affinity Groups/Dataset and Benchmarks for hierarchal structured events
- Schedule Editor for scheduling sub-events of a Workshop, Affinity Workshop, Etc.
- CMT and OpenReview Paper Import Wizards for importing papers to create Posters, Orals and Spotlights.
- Schedule Admin for organizing virtual Poster Sessions
- Dates page for identifying key conference organizing deadlines
- Paper author page for poster upload and ability to upload slides to individual event pages
- Other miscellaneous pages (help, contact, ethics guidelines, etc.)
- Group and conference email notifications
Zoom meeting setup, invoicing and payment with integration into the Event Web Pages
SlidesLive support for video for the Event Web Pages.
- Pre-recording videos and synchronized slides at scale of thousands of recordings each associated with individual events
- Including streamed pre-recorded videos on individual event pages available throughout the conference
- Live conference video stream production (A/V engineers) combining pre-recorded content with live content for Invited Talks, Panels, Tutorials, Demonstrations, Orals, Spotlights, Workshops and similar events
- Live event recorded videos available on individual event pages after the conference
- Subtitles for recorded videos including ability of presenters to edit the subtitles
- Live subtitles of streaming live events
Topia Virtual Chat Room is supported. Previously GatherTown was supported for spatial based video and audio chat.
- Ability of attendees to meet in a virtual world and share audio, video, screen shot
- Poster Session
- Workshop and Affinity Group Workshop Poster Sessions
- Sponsor Booth sessions
- Automated setup support for Workshops and similar events, including automated creation of spaces with author Posters and Thumbnails
- Other custom sessions, must be developed by organizer. Event Hosts does not support arbitrary custom chat rooms
RocketChat text based chat rooms are integrated into the Event Web Pages.
- Individual Event Web Page rocketchat sessions
- Moderator support for deleting inappropriate messages
- Immediate live updates for interactive events (e.g. Invited Talks)
- Asynchronous Q&A between attendees
¶ Website and Events Database
The website has an underlying database of Events and other supporting tables.
- Supports immediate Event Web Page updates
- Critical in organizing web pages with their associated videos, posters, thumbnails, poster session, oral session, etc.
- Includes previous conference events
¶ Main Conference Proceedings Publication
Main Conference Proceedings Website for post conference publication (optional)
- Separate proceedings website
- Search capability
- Individual paper pages
¶ Planning and Logisitics
- Virtual Conference Planning and Logistics Support
- Meet with various conference chairs to organize conference
- Coordinate with conference selected Sponsors for Sponsor Hall
- Coordinate with conference selected Workshop, Affinity Group and other similar groups for structured events
- Budgeting and accounting for conference finances
- Author email reminders
NOTE: Besides the main conference proceedings Event Hosts does not support alternatives for the other features of the conference. The conference may decide to host the conference proceedings on a site of their choice. For other features Event Hosts requires that the features are selected from the set above.